When the station first opened in 1897, Primrose Cottage was the Station Master's office, Ticket Hall and Waiting Room. These have now been sympathetically converted into a very comfortable and inviting country cottage with a warm and homely feel without losing that 'railway' heritage.
Whitwell is renowned for its unrivalled beauty, being an outstanding holiday destination throughout the year, and our self-catering cottages are an increasingly popular choice of holiday accommodation.
Primrose Cottage comprises of:
- Two Bedrooms (Double Bed in one, two single beds in the second bedroom)
- Recently refitted kitchen including ceramic hob, fan oven, washing machine and dishwasher. fridge freezer, microwave
- Downstairs bathroom with shower (over the bath)
- Towels provided (beach towels not included)
- Complimentary Toilet Tissue and Kitchen Roll
- All bed linen provided
- SMART TV
- Wireless Broadband
- BBQ on request
- Tea Towels, Oven Gloves
- Highchair, cot and bed guard available on request
- Superb views across the valley from the old station platform
- Just a short drive to the popular beaches of Ventnor and Shanklin
- The excellent White Horse family pub is just a short walk
- Although the shared garden is not fully enclosed, the property is accessed by a long private driveway - well away from road traffic
- Small £25 surcharge for dogs
Our electrical supply does not yet have the capacity for electric vehicle charging points.